Sponsored by Visit Baton Rouge
There are plenty of ways to celebrate this gorgeous season. Visit Baton Rouge has put together a handy guide to get you in the spirit. For more ways to enjoy Baton Rouge all year long, check visitbatonrouge.com.
Take in a tailgate and support your home team.
- LSU and SU football games.
- Lace up your running shoes for a good cause.
- Pumpkin Pi Race and Tough Pumpkin Challenge: October 27
- Turkey Trot: Thanksgiving Day, November 22 in downtown Baton Rouge
- Reindeer Run & Jingle Bell Jog: November 30
Have some harvest fun at a local corn maze, escape room or festival.
- 10/31 Consortium Fifolet Festival: October 19-31
- Halloween parade: 4 p.m. October 27, in downtown Baton Rouge
- Haunted plantation tours
- 13th Gate Haunted House
- Try an escape room. They are popping up all over town.
- Haints Haunts and Halloween—A Rural Life Fall Fair: 3:30 to 6 p.m. Sunday, October 28. Wear your costumes.
Feel the holiday spirit all season long.
- Harvest Days at the Rural Life Museum: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. October 6-7
- Festival of Lights
- Shadrack Christmas Lights Display at Lamar-Dixon Expo Center
- A Rural Life Christmas: 12:30 to 6 p.m., December 2
- ZooLights: November 23 through December 30
- Ice skating at the River Center
For more information on local events, go to visitbatonrouge.com/events