• Karen Breaux has been hired as human resources manager for Postlethwaite & Netterville. Breaux most recently served as vice president of operations for a regional law firm.
BANKING AND FINANCE
• Peggy Brady has been hired as branch manager for Highlands Bank’s Baton Rouge location. Brady most recently served as branch manager for Coastland Federal Credit Union of New Orleans.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA
• Nancy Breitenbach has been hired as the advertising director for Business Report. Breitenbach, who has 25 years’ experience in marketing and advertising, most recently served as managing broker for ERA Stirling Properties. In her new role, she will manage account executives for Business Report, businessreport.com, daily-report.com and Real Estate Weekly.
• Wes Kennison has been hired as the operations manager for Launch Media. Kennison most recently managed operations and business development for a courthouse research entity. In his new role, he will coordinate day-to-day operations and oversee market strategy.
• Jerry Ceppos has been hired as dean of the LSU Manship School of Mass Communication. Ceppos, who has three decades’ worth of experience in journalism and leadership, most recently served as dean, professor and Fred W. Smith Chair in Journalism at the Reynolds School of Journalism at the University of Nevada, Reno.
• Elizabeth Shearer has been promoted to compliance director for the Belle of Baton Rouge Casino and Hotel. Shearer, who has been with the company since 2005, most recently served as compliance manager. In her new role, she will ensure the property remains compliant with local, state and federal regulations.
• Dr. Herbert Robinson has been appointed chief medical informatics/information officer for North Oaks Health System in support of its transition from a paper-based to an Electronic Health Record system. Robinson most recently served as the lead physician for the North Oaks medical staff and the Ochsner Clinic Foundation-Tangipahoa. In his new role, he will facilitate physician advisory groups and end-users in the selection, design and implementation of clinical Electronic Medical Record systems to support excellence in patient care.
• Charles Abboud has been promoted to regional senior vice president and employee benefits practice leader for Wright & Percy Insurance. Abboud most recently served as manager of employee benefits and financial services.
• Beverly Choppin has been promoted to regional senior vice president and regional chief financial officer for Wright & Percy Insurance. Choppin most recently served as chief financial officer. In her new role, she will oversee financial agency operations.
• Roberto Cortés-Moreno has been hired as a senior attorney in Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana’s legal department. Cortés-Moreno most recently served as an attorney for Triple-S Salud [Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Puerto Rico]. In his new role, he will provide legal services to all areas of the company.
• Katharine “Katy” Nance has been hired as an attorney for Derren S. Johnson & Associates. Nance, who has practiced since 2002, most recently worked for the law firm of Elizabeth L. Hall. Nance practices in the consumer bankruptcy, civil litigation, commercial litigation and personal injury fields.
• Carly Lousteau has been promoted to director of manufacturing productivity for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Louisiana. Lousteau has been with the organization for three years. She will continue to manage projects for Louisiana manufacturers.
• Andrew Frederick has been promoted to lead developer for Immense Networks. In his new role, Frederick will oversee a team of web developers and ensure proper site coding and functionality for web projects.
• Jarred White has been hired as information security director for Immense Networks. In his new role, White will be responsible for developing a security service line, advocating and ensuring secure practices on all projects, and working with clients to mitigate informational risks.
• Natalie Noel has been hired as chief operating officer for InfiniEDGE Software. Noel most recently served as business development manager for Infinity Info Systems in New York. In her new role, she will oversee the company’s internal processes and customer service practices, as well as building a larger, more diverse client base.