As Hurricane Ida swept through Baton Rouge Sunday evening, many hospitals, already strained with high numbers of COVID-19 patients, lost power. Here’s what we know so far:
• Baton Rouge General on Bluebonnet is operating on regular power. The Mid City and Ascension locations are on generator power as of this morning.
• Baton Rouge General clinics will be closed on Monday and tentatively open on Tuesday, depending on whether each location has power.
• Baton Rouge General postponed surgeries for Monday, but surgeries will resume at its Bluebonnet location on Tuesday.
• All Ochsner urgent care facilities and outpatient clinics in Baton Rouge are closed today, but virtual care is available. All Ochsner hospitals and emergency departments in the region are open.
• Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University’s physical campus will be closed through Tuesday.