This firm works with clients to develop original products from the ground up or to improve existing products.Contracts services to build unique video games, captivation graphic and motion design, and customized business software (including eLearning and training simulations) on a range of platforms including mobile,PC,Web, and game consoles.
Owners/CEOs: Jason Tate, founder and lead engineer; Evan Smith, founder and creative director
Founded: Late 2010
Employees: 9 full-time, 14 part-time
• Swapdrop Poker, a mobile IOS app
• Road Redemption, a PC game; console version in development for Play Station, Wii U and Xbox.
A small team with big ideas, BitFinity is co-owned by two brothers who are lifelong gamers. Inspired by Nintendo’s works, BitFinity aims to focus on gameplay-driven concepts to create unique and fun experiences. The company’s founder, Matthew Taranto, already had a sizable audience with his popular parody webcomic, Brawl in the Family, but wanted to use the strip as a launching point for bigger ideas. Today, BitFinity is working on an action/rhythm game called Tadpole Treble, and released a playable demo last fall.
Owners/CEOs: Matthew Taranto, founder and co-owner; Michael Taranto, co-owner
Employees: 3 full-time, 1 part-time
• Tadpole Treble, a game for PC, Mac, iPhone and Wii U, which raised $34,250 through Kickstarter
• Brawl in the Family, a video game parody webcomic based on Nintendo characters.
An independent mobile games studio that develops immersive games designed for both casual and hard-core gamers. Jetstreame plans to make its content available on as many platforms as possible, including Apple, Google, Microsoft and BlackBerry mobile markets. The company also plans to port over existing titles to the PC, console and social media arenas where feasible.
Owners/CEOs: Godric Johnson and Andy Jeune, founders
Founded: October 2012
• Crush Hour, Star Shapers, Dragon Drop and Train Hopper games for iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows 8.
• Circuit Swap, a 40-level puzzle game, is currently available on Android and Blackberry and will soon be available on iOS and Windows 8.