Ransomware, a type of malware, happens when a malicious actor encrypts a victim’s files and demands a ransom be paid in order to access their data again. Completing the checklist below can help you prevent a ransomware attack from occurring.
- Have an incident response plan.
- Have a central log management system.
- Implement an email filtering solution.
- Be sure that you have anti-virus running on all systems.
- Keep isolated backups that are protected from network attacks.
- Have a documented disaster recovery plan.
For more information on how to protect your organization from ransomware, contact CMA Technology Solutions today.