Payroll HR Tip of the Week, sponsored by Highflyer Payroll: Working remotely from another state

What should employers do if an employee moves to a different state and will be working from there?

First, if you don’t already have other employees there, you’ll need to set up payroll tax accounts in the new state. The state in which the employee physically works is the state used for state income tax withholding, unemployment tax contributions, and the like. For other steps, click here.