Roundup: LSU resolution / Sign language / US industrial output 

    Still celebrating: Amid Capitol Hill tension as the Senate gears up for the impending impeachment trial, Congressman Garret Graves, R-Baton Rouge, and Louisiana’s U.S. House delegation are still celebrating LSU’s national championship in football by introducing a resolution in the House commending the team’s success. Read the resolution here. 

    Communication: Hammond-based craft brewery Gnarly Barley is offering sign language classes for people who work in the service industry, WAFB-TV reports. The classes were announced via a video posted to the brewery’s Facebook and are being hosted in partnership with the North Shore Deaf Action Center. The goal is to bridge the gap in communication between the hard of hearing and restaurant workers. Read the full story. 

    Production levels: U.S. industrial production fell 0.3% in December, as unseasonably warm weather reduced demand for heating from utilities. The Federal Reserve this morning says that total industrial production—which includes the manufacturing, mining and utilities sectors—slumped 1% over the past year. Factory output has tumbled 1.3% from a year ago, driving much of the overall decline as manufacturers grappled with trade disputes and slower global growth in 2019. Read the full story. 

    View Comments