Business Report has announced the 10 Capital Region women who will be celebrated in the coming months as this year’s Influential Women in Business honorees. Those being recognized this year are:
- Beverly Brooks Thompson, president and executive counsel, Brooks Thompson Consulting
- Marie Constantin, owner, Marie Constantin Photography
- Fran Gladden, vice president of government and public affairs, Cox Communications
- Sherri LeBas Firnberg, president, G.E.C. Inc.
- Gaylynne Mack, executive director, Big Buddy Program of Baton Rouge
- Laura O’Brien, Zachary city councilwoman and founder, Fitness Design for Women
- Cynthia Peterson, dean, LSU College of Science
- Laura Simpson, president, Dugas Pest Control
- Sarah Taylor, owner and CEO, Gulf Coast Occupational Medicine & Gulf Coast Event Center
- Kathy Victorian, Medicaid territory marketing manager, Healthy Blue.
All honorees will be profiled in the May 22 issue of Business Report and recognized at the 2018 Influential Women in Business Awards luncheon, which is to take place from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 6, at the Crowne Plaza Baton Rouge.
The keynote speaker will be Whitney Johnson, author of the critically acclaimed Disrupt Yourself: Putting the Power of Disruptive Innovation to Work. She has been recognized as one of the world’s 50 most influential management thinkers by Thinkers50. Through speaking, writing, coaching and consulting, she synthesizes the key levers of change and how to use them effectively.
Johnson is a frequent contributor for the Harvard Business Review and is a LinkedIn Influencer. Her new book—Build an ‘A’-Team: Play To Their Strengths and Lead Them Up the Learning Curve—was just published by Harvard Business Press, building upon her work and research with teams and disruption. She is also co-founder of Rose Park Advisors with Clayton Christensen, where they invested in and led the $8 million seed round for Korea’s Coupang, currently valued at more than $5 billion.
The luncheon is being sponsored by Acadian House, Lee Michaels, Business First Bank, Mercedes-Benz Baton Rouge, and Kean Miller Law Firm. Tickets for the event are $48 each, with tables of 10 available for $480. Get tickets.