Settlement reached in lawsuit involving Nick Saban, BR Mercedes-Benz dealer
A trial involving Nick Saban and Mercedes-Benz of Baton Rouge owner Joe Agresti that had been set to begin on Nov. 3—the week prior to the LSU-Alabama game in Tiger Stadium—will not go on as planned. The Birmingham News reports that's because a settlement has been reached, the details of which are being kept confidential by the parties involved. The settlement was reached between Hoover Crown Automobile Co. and Mercedes-Benz USA. Crown filed suit last year seeking to stop Mercedes from granting a new dealership in Irondale—a suburb of Birmingham—to Saban and his business partner, Agresti. Attorneys would not comment on terms of the settlement or what, if anything, it might mean to the proposed Irondale project. But Irondale's mayor says that while he doesn't have it in writing yet, the project is still on and planning is underway for a road to the new dealership. Robert S. Plott, attorney for Saban and Agresti, says in a statement to The Birmingham News that the project is still alive. "The terms of the settlement are confidential and we are not at liberty to discuss in more detail. It remains the case that Coach Saban and Mr. Agresti have a letter agreement with Mercedes-Benz to own a dealership in the Birmingham market and they are excited about the future of Mercedes in Alabama," Plott says. Read the full story.
comments powered by Disqus
A look at the books
Big tech winning battle with 'patent trolls'
The bad news about the news
Chrysler, GM, Nissan sales soar; Ford down