BANKING AND FINANCE
• Jerry Denicola has joined Whitney Bank as vice president of commercial lending. He will represent Whitney Bank as a commercial lender, working with Baton Rouge area businesses on commercial financing, growth opportunities and financial solutions.
• Micah Stewart has joined LaPorte CPAs & Business Advisors in Baton Rouge as vice president for tax services in the Tax Consulting Services Department. Stewart previously worked as an associate attorney at Phelps Dunbar in New Orleans for two and a half years. Prior to that, he was a manager with Ernst & Young and an associate attorney with the New Orleans Weiler and Rees law firm.
• Peter Louviere has been appointed chief financial officer for EATEL. He joins the company from recently acquired Vision Communications in Larose. He most recently served as both vice president of administration and CFO for Vision. He serves on the board of directors and as chairman of the Tax and Insurance Committee of the Louisiana Telecommunications Association.
• Dr. Henry Young Jr. has joined Baton Rouge General Physicians–Denham Springs, part of Baton Rouge General Physicians. Young is board certified in family medicine, and has been practicing family medicine in Louisiana for 28 years. He previously served on the academic staff of family medicine at Louisiana State University School of Medicine and Baton Rouge General Medical Center.
• Scott White has been named Responsible Care leader for the Dow Chemical Company's facilities in Plaquemine, Grand Bayou, Amerchol and Weeks Island. He was previously production and technology leader at Louisiana Operations. He will lead the implementation of environmental health and safety and emergency services and security to help the site continue to improve its record in illness, injury, leaks and spills, process safety, and compliance performance.
• Beverly Choppin has been named chief financial officer for BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc. She previously served as chief financial officer for the company's Louisiana region. Based in Baton Rouge, Choppin will be responsible for overall agency financial operations. She has more than 25 years of financial experience in the insurance industry, having held controller and other positions with BancorpSouth Insurance Services and Wright & Percy Insurance.
• Sandra Kowalski has been named information technology manager over enterprise resource planning for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana. She will oversee the company's HR/payroll and financial software systems. She brings to the job more than 28 years of experience in the information services field within the insurance, health care and telecommunications industries.
• Lydia Martin has been named foundation initiatives manager for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana. She currently leads and executes Blue Cross Foundation initiatives that include its recently announced matching grant program, Challenge for a Healthier Louisiana. She is a former human resources manager for the Safety Council of Louisiana.
• Aleria Reed has been named manager of quality assurance and test planning at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana. She comes to Blue Cross from Amedisys, where she was the software quality assurance team leader.
• Michelle Boullion has been named associate director of LSU Executive Education in the LSU Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute. She began her tenure in January. A certified senior professional in human resources, she has more than 15 years of related professional work experience, having taught leadership, employment law, diversity, human resource management, needs assessment and principles of management courses at LSU and Southeastern Louisiana University. Boullion also has published work in the areas of disaster management of human resources and workplace implications resulting from disaster.
• Lisa O'Beirne has been named director of development for the LSU Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute. Previously, she was an associate director for the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business Office of Advancement. She will coordinate fundraising efforts for the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses, the Entrepreneurship Fellows program, the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans, the Distinguished Entrepreneurs Speaker Series and other SEI programs and activities.
• Charlotte Guedry has been named director of the Ascension Parish Tourism Commission. She previously served as editor of the Gonzales Weekly Citizen newspaper and as public information officer to former London Mayor Ken Livingston.
comments powered by Disqus
News roundup: Final Sasol permits approved… Symphony names new president and executive director… Rig count up by 18
Level buys 21 Rouzan lots for $1.43M
Will EPA Kill Texas’ Energy Revolution?