ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES
• Christopher Oney has been promoted to president of Hammerman and Gainer. Oney has led the company's catastrophe program since 2004.
• Timothy Temple has been promoted to CEO of Hammerman and Gainer. Temple most recently served as executive vice president. He has more than 18 years' experience in the industry.
BANKING AND FINANCE
• Susan Cretin has been hired as a loan originator for Assurance Financial. Cretin most recently served as a loan originator for Homebuyer's Resource Group.
• Marla Dodds has been promoted to operations manager with the firm of Lee, Dougherty & Ferrara Investment Management. Since 2008, she has served as a client service associate to the firm's nine advisers. In her new role, she will manage the support staff, oversee the firm's business initiatives and processes, and provide continuous improvement to the firm policies and procedures. She will also manage the firm's compliance practices, oversee audits, and ensure all advisers maintain proper continuing education requirements and SEC/FINRA/Insurance licensing.
• Kristin Gibbs has been hired as marketing coordinator for Assurance Financial. Gibbs most recently served as a business development executive for Amedisys.
• Dan Mackey has been hired as a certified real estate consultant and loan originator for Assurance Financial. Mackey most recently served as president/broker and mortgage professional for Key Real Estate Services and a broker for the Mackey Company.
• Terrell Martin has been named tax manager for Thomas A. Cotton CPA. He most recently served as senior tax manager for LaPorte CPAs & Business Advisers.
• George Popov has joined independent brokerage firm LPL Financial and announced the opening of Diversified Financial Strategies. He has more than 15 years of experience in the financial services industry.
• Lorie Verbois has been promoted to treasury management sales executive for Regions Bank. Verbois, who has been with the bank since 1995 and has more than 29 years' experience in the industry, most recently handled merchant sales for the bank throughout Louisiana. In her new role, she will be responsible for developing and expanding treasury services with existing and potential customers throughout the region.
• Steve Werner has been named chief financial officer for LUBA Workers' Comp. He joined LUBA in 2011 and previously served as internal reporting director for Lamar Advertising Co. Werner is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants. He also serves on the board of directors for the A.C. Lewis YMCA.
• Ray Sherman has been promoted to senior vice president and director of the process business unit with Ford, Bacon and Davis. Sherman will maintain his current responsibility as Baton Rouge operations manager. He has been with the company for almost 20 years.
FOOD & GROCERY
• Lewis “Randy” Fletcher has been promoted to senior vice president of distribution and transportation for Associated Grocers. He has been with the company since 1977. He has experience in distribution, transportation, dry and perishable procurement, and logistics and supply chain management, of which he served as vice president. He also served on the board of directors for the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank.
• Thomas Sandeman has been named chief executive of Piccadilly Restaurants. He has served as chief financial officer of Baton Rouge-based Piccadilly since 2005, and succeeds David Green, who remains as chairman of the 90-unit cafeteria chain. Sandeman has served as an executive officer of both public and private companies, including Ponderosa Steakhouses, Sizzler Family Steakhouses, Cucos Inc. and Wall Street Deli. He also serves as chairman of the CFO's group of the National Restaurant Association and president of the Louisiana Chapter of Financial Executives International.
• Sean Malone has been named the director of food and beverage at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge. He was chief operating officer of FireBelly Concepts, which oversees Serranos Salsa Company, Boudreaux and Thibodeaux's, and The Edible Event. Malone will manage the physical aspects of all restaurants, bars, lounges and catering operations at L'Auberge.
• Charlotte Shahlaei has joined the L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge as director of hotel operations. She recently served as director of front office operations at Hilton Riverside in New Orleans. She will manage day-to-day operations of the hotel, and serve as the supervisor for front desk services, housekeeping, guest services, reservations and room service, as well as wardrobe and retail operations.
• J.B. “Bubba” Willis Jr. has joined the L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge team as its director of casino marketing. He most recently served as director of sales for Hotel Indigo. Willis is responsible for attracting and growing the casino's customer base, as well as guest care.
• George Bell has been named senior vice president of physician relations for General Health System/Baton Rouge General Medical Center. He will serve as an administrative liaison to both employed and non-employed medical staff. Previously, Bell served as vice president of physician relations for Baton Rouge General Physicians.
• Renee Craft has joined the Woman's Hospital Office of Development as annual giving officer. For the past eight years, she served as the first executive director for Hope Ministries. Craft will manage Woman's recently launched Annual Giving Campaign to fund critical community outreach programs like the Human Donor Milk Program, Mother-to-Child HIV Transmission Prevention Program, Pediatric Home Care, Care for Victims of Sexual Assault, and Breast Cancer Outreach and Education.
• Jeff Drozda is joining the Louisiana Association of Health Plans, the state trade association for the health benefits industry, as chief executive officer. Drozda has served as vice president of state government affairs for UnitedHealthcare. In this role, he has been responsible for legislative, political and regulatory affairs in the southeastern region covering Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina. He also served for six years as a state senator of Indiana, where he represented over 135,000 citizens and served on numerous legislative committees, including the Senate Insurance Committee.
• Charles “Chuck” Wilson has been named chief science officer for the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative. Wilson is currently executive director of the Louisiana Sea Grant College Program and previously served as vice provost for academic affairs at LSU. In the new position, he will provide scientific and research advice and leadership to the organization.
• James Taylor, former project manager with IBI Group in Sarasota, Fla., has joined Franklin Associates. Taylor is a certified urban planner who began his career with Baton Rouge's Mid City Redevelopment Alliance in the early 1990s, then worked for 15 years in Florida communities from Pensacola to Key West. Taylor will be heading up the company's new urban planning practice and deepening Franklin's public relations communications practice through GIS mapping, website development, and improving citizen participation exercises for planning projects.
• John Dickson has been named the LSU School of Music's Director of Choral Studies and professor of music. He most recently served as dean and professor of conducting at Mercer University's Townsend School of Music.
• Katie LeBlanc has been promoted to director of finance and administration at the Port of Greater Baton Rouge.
• Dane Morgan has been appointed assistant commissioner of management and finance for the Louisiana Agriculture & Forestry Commission. The retired state trooper previously served as chairman of the Louisiana Gaming Control Board. Morgan brings experience in governmental budgeting, strategic and operational planning, personnel management, fleet management and a wide knowledge of government operations in Louisiana. He also has broad experience in the legislative processes and served for three years as the legislative liaison for the Louisiana State Police.
• Maggie Kiesow has been appointed director of corporate services for Latter & Blum. She will manage the the three residential divisions of the company: Latter & Blum, C.J. Brown Realtors and Noles-Frye Realty. She recently served as vice president of corporate services for Coldwell Banker Prime Properties in Albany, N.Y.
• Wayne Macaluso is the new chief executive officer of DETEL Computer Solutions. He was previously vice president of development at Wolf Creek Business Growth Institute and regional director of Gulf Coast markets for PAETEC, a Fortune 1000 company.
• Jason Wells has been promoted to vice president of delivery for TraceSecurity. He previously served as director of finance and legal counsel for TraceSecurity.
comments powered by Disqus
James "Jim" Beard
Wall Street Adapts to New Regulatory Regime