• Russ Doucet has been hired as consulting manager for Postlethwaite & Netterville. Doucet most recently served as senior software developer for the Louisiana Department of Justice. In his new role, he will assist clients in managing technology-related projects, with an emphasis on process redevelopment, database management and design, and report building.
• Megan Gendron has been promoted to audit manager at Postlethwaite & Netterville. Gendron most recently served as a senior auditor. In her new role, she is responsible for performing and supervising audit engagements.
• Amanda Strebeck has been promoted to associate director in Postlethwaite & Netterville's accounting and assurance services group. Strebeck most recently served as an audit manager. In her new role, she is responsible for planning, directing and reviewing all aspects of client engagement.
• Marlon Lemoine has been hired as senior accountant in the accounting services department of LaPorte CPAs and Business Advisors. Lemoine most recently served as an accountant for Patrick J. Gros CPA in Covington.
• John C. Fischetti has been hired as dean of the College of Education and Human Development at Southeastern Louisiana University. Fischetti most recently served as a professor as well as interim associate director of the Center for Teaching Excellence in the Watson School of Education at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington.
• Melinda Solmon has been promoted to chair of the LSU College of Education's Department of Kinesiology. Solmon, the Roy Paul Daniels Professor, has served as interim chair since January 2011.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• Raine Bayyan has been promoted to chef for the Viking Cooking School Outdoors at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center. Bayyan, who has been with the hotel since 2008, most recently served as sous chef in its Kingfish Restaurant.
• Frank Brown has been hired as director of compliance for L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge. Brown, who has more than 19 years' experience in the industry, most recently served as director of compliance and surveillance for Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge. In his new role, he will be responsible for maintaining a culture in which all gaming activities are legally compliant.
• Tyler Conover has been hired as assistant director of marketing for L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge. Conover most recently served as director of marketing for the Majestic Star Casino and Hotel in Gary, Ind. In his new role, he will help to develop the overall marketing strategy with emphasis on promotions, special events, entertainment, direct mail and loyalty card program.
• Jeffrey Oliveri has been hired as executive chef for L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge. Oliveri, who has more than 20 years in the industry, most recently served as executive chef at Pinnacle Entertainment's Lumiere Place in St. Louis. In his new role, he will be responsible for creating and overseeing the menus of all restaurants on the property.
• Kenderlynn Christophe has been hired as human resources director at the Belle of Baton Rouge Casino and Hotel. Christophe most recently served as a human resources business partner with Omnicare Pharmaceuticals.
• Eugene Smith has been hired as director of security at the Belle of Baton Rouge Casino and Hotel. Smith most recently served with the Baton Rouge Police Department and is a former commander of the mayor's security detail.
• Jake Holinga has been hired as business development manager for MMO Behavioral Health Systems. Holinga, who has seven years' experience in the industry, most recently served as assistant executive director for the Downtown Development District. In his new role, he will assess business opportunities and develop strategies for growth and expansion.
• Amy Lea has been promoted to clinical nurse leader for Lane Regional Medical Center. Lea, who has more than 20 years' experience in the industry, most recently served as an intensive care staff nurse and a relief house supervisor. In her new role, she is responsible for ensuring that nursing care is up-to-date with current practice standards.
• Amy Rome has been promoted to Pathway to Excellence coordinator for Lane Regional Medical Center. Rome, who has more than 12 years' experience in the industry, most recently served as a charge nurse and a Level II Nursery supervisor in the labor and delivery unit. In her new role, she will oversee the Pathway to Excellence program, which lists 12 standards in nursing care to improve recruitment, retention and patient outcomes.
• Paul McNeely has joined Baton Rouge General Gastroenterology. McNeely, who has 10 years' experience, is board certified in gastroenterology, with special interests that include esophageal disorders and colon cancer detection and screening.
• Clark Carnes has been promoted to president of Knight Oil Tools International. Carnes, who has more than 35 years' experience in the industry, has been with the company for more than 20 years, most recently as vice president of fishing services. In his new role, he will oversee international business.
• Doug Keller has been promoted to senior vice president of Knight Oil Tools. Keller, who has more than 40 years' experience in the industry, has been with the company for more than 25 years, most recently as vice president of sales and marketing. In his new role, he will be responsible for worldwide marketing and business development for new products and markets.
• Nicholas Knight has been promoted to vice president of Knight Oil Tools. Knight most recently served as corporate manager. In his new role, he will have domestic and international responsibilities.
• Chris Ciesielski has been promoted to president of NFB Benefits Solution Group. Ciesielski most recently served as director of employee benefits. In his new role, he will manage the day-to-day operations of the employee benefits practice while assuming oversight of all other firm operations.
• Carroll Devillier has been named partner at Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson. Devillier, who joined the firm in 2007, practices primarily in business and commercial litigation involving antitrust; unfair trade practices and unfair competition; fiduciary duties of corporate officers, directors, and trustees; contract disputes; and general business and commercial issues.
• Tom S. Easterly has been named partner at Taylor Porter. Easterly represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex business litigation.
• Jon N. “Blue” Loupe has been named partner at Taylor Porter. Loupe represents local and national businesses in commercial transactions.
• Robin Toups has been named partner at Taylor Porter. Toups practices in the areas of environmental and regulatory law and general litigation.
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS
• Rachel Rivet has been promoted to account supervisor for Wright-Feigley Communications. Rivet, who has been with the company for four years, most recently served as account executive. In her new role, she will help with the day-to-day operations of the company and with the development of client strategies.
comments powered by Disqus
News roundup: OLOL gets WellSpots designation by state … New insurance website up for state workers, retirees … Hearing scheduled today in lawsuit against Edmonson pension hike
Garage to globe
UCLA: Interest rates to rise in March
U.S. budget deficit narrows in August