- Jump Start
- David Maples and Virginia Huling
- Dawn Harris
- Paul A. Salles
- La. ranked No. 19 for new business growth, 2009-2012
- RNC going 'all in in Louisiana' with Project Geaux Red
- Local business owner goes DIY with Super Bowl commercial
Physician, Surgical Specialty Center of Baton Rouge
- Jindal: Aligning school systems to meet workforce needs is main priority for session
- LaPolitics: Various agendas will round out session
- Executive editor: Success of industrial boom hinges on people as much as natural resources
- '225 Dine': Restaurants sign on to initiative aimed at healthier kids' menus
- Unemployment rate rises to 6.7% on addition of 175K U.S. jobs last month
SIGN UP FOR DAILY REPORT
AND OTHER ENEWSLETTERS
DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
A Day in the Life: Vinh Phat Oriental Foods
Vinh Phat Oriental Foods & Gifts is the place to go for dragon fruit, kabocha pumpkins and taro. The 30-year-old Asian grocery in the Far East Plaza Shopping Center, at 12351 Florida Blvd., carries a variety of unique food and products from China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia. It's co-owned by Nam and Judy Thai, who operate it with the help of their son, Michael Thai.
Big in Texas
When MAPP Construction's new Dallas-based public relations firm sent out an announcement last month introducing itself and also MAPP's recent hires in the company's Dallas office, it raised the question: What exactly is the Baton Rouge firm doing in Texas? Turns out, a lot.
Take a look at some of the Capital Region's digital entities and companies.
Share of La. private-sector workers with employer-sponsored retirement plans shrinking, report says
David Maples and Virginia Huling
Building a legacy